Select a question below to learn more about a topic.
You know you want a generator. But you don’t know what to do next. No worries. We’ll walk you through the entire process — starting with some basic information. Here are answers to the questions we hear most from our customers.
The cost of your generator installation will vary based on your needs. Some of the variables that come into play when it comes to pricing your system include:
- The manufacturer of generator
- The size of the generator
- The location of the generator
- If natural gas is available or if a propane tank will need to be installed
To help you understand your options, one of our experienced representatives will walk your property with you and answer your questions. Then they’ll recommend a realistic solution based on your budget.
Contrary to popular belief, the size of your generator is determined by your power needs — not by the amount of space you have. Our representative will take all the guesswork out of the decision by recommending the generator that’s right for you. Expect us to:
- Complete a thorough inspection of the existing electrical service, existing gas load and the gas meter size on the outside of the home.
- Discuss your needs in the event of a power outage
- Provide you with a detailed estimate for a turn-key installation
Automatic standby generators are permanently wired into your home or business and many specific details will need to be followed. Here’s how the typical installation process works:
- Working with our representative, we’ll determine the brand, size, location and budget for your power needs.
- When the estimate is accepted, we’ll schedule an installation appointment that works for you, RCA Generators, and the gas fitter.
- We’ll then file all the municipality permits.
- The installation process takes 1-3 full days to complete and consists of installing the generator and completing all the necessary electrical and gas/propane work.
- The gas installation is inspected by the town inspector.
- The licensed technician returns to activate the warranty setup of the generator and performs a detailed orientation and answers all your questions.
- The electrical work is inspected by the town inspector after the generator is activated and running as designed.
- Our office staff will complete the registration and warranty for your new automatic standby generator and give you all the documentation.
Learn how to connect your generator to Wi-Fi here
Let’s brainstorm ways to help you
before the next storm.
Contact us for a free consultation.