Generator Sales & Installations
At RCA Electric & Generators we offer turnkey services from design and installation to maintenance and repair. Our packages vary based on model size and specific installation needs at your home. In general, packages range from $8,500 – $15,000.
Generac is the most trusted name in home backup generators.
In 1959, Generac became the first company to engineer affordable, automatic home standby generators. Today, they are the #1 manufacturer of home backup generators. Whether you’re looking for a residential, commercial or industrial generator, everything the company makes is designed and built for the most demanding environments — including the blizzards, nor’easters and hurricanes that come with living in New England.
RCA is the most trusted name for Generac installation and maintenance.
RCA is proud to be the only Power Pro Premier dealer of Generac across Southeast Massachusetts. Our Premier status with Generac means we represent the company with the highest standard of excellence in sales and customer service — and that our licensed installers have the highest credentials and are factory trained in all the Generac equipment they install.
Of course, we’re happy to maintain any brand of generator in your home — even if we didn’t install it ourselves. Contact us today if you’d like to discuss your power needs. We’ll make sure you’re prepared when the next storm hits.
Let's Get Started!
How much does a standby generator cost?
The cost of your generator installation will vary based on your needs. Some of the variables that come into play when it comes to pricing your system includes:
- The manufacturer of generator
- The size of the generator
- The location of the generator
- Fuel Source: Natural Gas or Propane will need to be installed
To help you understand your options, someone from our experienced team will evaluate your property, answer your questions and recommend a realistic solution based on your budget.
What size generator do I need?
Contrary to popular belief, the size of your generator is determined by your power needs — not by the square footage of your home. One of our experienced team members will take all the guesswork out of the decision by recommending the generator that’s right for you. Expect us to:
- Complete a thorough inspection of the existing electrical service, existing gas load and the gas meter size on the outside of the home.
- Discuss your needs in the event of a power outage
- Provide you with a detailed estimate for a turn-key installation
How involved is the installation process?
Automatic home standby generators are permanently wired into your home or business and many specific details will need to be followed. Here’s how the typical installation process works:
- Our team will help you determine the brand, size, location and budget for your power needs.
- When the estimate is accepted, we’ll schedule an installation appointment that works for you.
- We’ll then file all the municipality permits.
- The installation process takes 1-3 full days to complete and consists of installing the generator and completing all the necessary electrical and gas/propane work
- The gas installation is inspected by the town inspector
- The licensed technician returns to activate the warranty setup of the generator and perform a detailed orientation and answer all your questions
- The electrical work is is inspected by the town inspector after the generator is activated and running as designed.
- Our office staff will complete the registration and warranty for your new automatic home standby generator and give you all the documentation.
Can generators be installed in inclement weather?
Just like we don’t believe in losing power to the weather, we don’t believe in losing time. No matter what the weather throws at us — or on us — expect our crew to be on the job as scheduled.
Let’s brainstorm ways to help you
before the next storm.
Contact us for a free consultation.